Working to Seal a Better Future!
The Apprenticeship Project will assist Small and Medium Employers (SMEs) to hire first-year apprentices in one of the 39 Red Seal trades.
- Are you an Employer seeking to hire a first year apprentice or currently have an employee you would like to enroll in the apprenticeship system?
- Are you a first year apprentice seeking employment?
A $5,000 incentive is available for employer to hire a first year apprentice.
An additional $5,000 is available for hiring of an individual from an equity-deserving group.
This project is open to everyone!
If you are interested in applying, please select one of the buttons below and we will be in contact with you soon.
Who can access the FPDI Apprenticeship Support initiative?
All small and medium-sized employers with 499 or less paid employees.
SMEs can hire up to two, first-year Red Seal apprentices per fiscal year for a potential incentive of $20,000.
Financial Support to SMEs
- $5,000 to help pay for upfront costs such as salaries and training of first-year apprentice
- Additional $5,000 for SMEs for hiring from an equity-deserving group
- To help employers participate in the the apprenticeship system, supports could include help to navigate the apprenticeship system, on-board apprentices and creating welcoming workplaces.
What are the Red Seal Trades?
- Concrete Finisher
- Construction Craft Worker
- Construction Electrician
- Drywall Finisher and Plasterer
- Floor-covering Installer
- Gasfitter – Class A &B
- Heavy Equipment Operator (Dozer, Excavator, Tractor-Loader-Backhoe)
- Industrial Electrician
- and more!
For the full list of Red Seal trades in Canada visit: Government of Canada
Please contact us if you are an employer wanting more information about the project or if you are a person looking to begin an apprenticeship.
Are you an employer that is ready to apply to the apprenticeship support program? If so, please select the button below and fill out an application.