First Nations Youth Summit 2019
In October 2018, over 100 youth from 51 of the 63 Manitoba First nations between the ages of 15 and 30 travelled to Winnipeg to participate in FPDI's First Nations Youth Summit.
The youth were invited to participate in the summit to give them the opportunity to learn:
- How to write a proposal
- How to develop a project plan
- How to use multimedia products to capture their proposal concept
- How to submit a proposal for funding of a Community infrastructure project or youth Community program.
In February 2019, the youth submitted their project proposals to ISC.
FPDI and ISC assessed the submissions. Eight (8) community proposals were successful.
1. Dakota Tipi First Nation - Outdoor Ice Rink
2. Ebb & Flow First Nation - Ka Wiigwan Culture Centre
3. Keeseekoowenin Ojibway Nation - Youth Recreation Centre
4. Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation - 3 Energy Efficient Homes
5. Sayisi Dene First Nation - Glowel-Bah Cultural Youth Center & Healing Lodge
6. Skownan First Nation - Youth Centre
7. Waywayseecappo First Nation - Youth Centre Healing Lodge
8. Wasagamack First Nation - Teaching Kitchen Renovation
ISC granted over $4 million dollars to the community projects.
The youth that didn't submit a proposal, each individual learned a great deal that increased their skills and abilities. This project was a great success.
Click to hear more about these projects....
SAH Login Password
Wrong password. Please contact your FPDI Program Coordinator